In today’s day and age, it can be tough to have a hold on ways to stand out in the magical world of social media. A forever changing market in various industries can have you wondering what the top tips to standing out are. Here are 5 ways to stand out on social media that we think truly have paved the way!
- Use a content calendar to plan and schedule all content!
- This goes a long way for organization & staying consistent with the feed. Irregular posts, quickly typed in content or just shares from other pages is very low-effort, and it shows. People will not pay attention to pages and profiles that don’t offer original and eye-catching content. You’re not making the best of social media pages if you’re only occasionally posting something because you’re waiting for inspiration.
- Create a constant and consistent aesthetic that will speak for your brand!
- Whenever you arrive at a page your first thought might be, wow this is stunning. That is the goal for every person you attract to the profile, there is an additional opportunity for the business to have. You not only need to use good quality images, but you also need to make it consistent in aesthetics. You are more likely to be rewarded with followers and engagement by creating a brand aesthetic. You can do this by making all your posts, especially images, conform to a common theme and style. This is crucial if your main social media platform is image-based, like Instagram. You can set a color palette for all your images and even a specific font. This doesn’t just make your social media pages look good. It has a powerful impact on your branding as well. It makes your brand more memorable and can even be a way for people to identify you with just an image!
- Create contests and giveaways!
- A giveaway or contest is a great way to drive traffic to your page. Promoting a giveaway contest on social media is very powerful. This is because you benefit from the viral nature of the platform. When users engage with your contest posts their friends and acquaintances get notified as well. This will lead to more shares, more followers and more brand awareness. When you create an online contest you’re getting more traffic, and your brand becomes memorable.
- User-generated content is important!
- Being able to allocate user-generated content to your site is an important piece of marketing. Not only does it allow you to interact with your audience but it shows people that other real people take you seriously. User-generated content gets more attention because the people making it are not backed by a business obvi. They have nothing to gain from creating content and are simply sharing their experiences. It is very likely that there is a lot of user-generated content online related to your business and product that can help you out in the long-run.
- Create interactive content!
- Creating interactive content can be a huge piece you might have been overlooking. You can use online tools to create interactive content. Interactive content includes interactive infographics, maps, graphs and charts, and educational video content. Interactive content is a growing trend in content marketing. Some 93% of marketers find interactive content effective; however, 88% of marketers do not make any of their content interactive. Incorporating it into your marketing strategy will create more engagements for your business and a more fun way to present boring data.
If you are in the social media marketing space you realize that content plays a huge role and how we grade our social media success. It’s important to keep these tips in mind on the content creation journey! We hope you enjoyed some of these tips that we would consider best practices in the digital media world.